We’ve entered a new phase in the realisation of the future museum for contemporary art in Amsterdam. Today the municipality has released the zoning plan amendment for the new museum and the provisional environmental permit for the renovation of the former courthouse on Parnassusweg. Both are available for inspection from 3 Feb. until 19 Mar. 2022. For more information please consult www.zuidas.nl.
Last October, we extensively informed local residents about the museum’s plans during a special information evening with the municipality. A residents’ committee has also been set up in collaboration with the municipality to discuss the plans surrounding the old court building on behalf of the local residents. The neighbours will be invited again soon to an extra information meeting in which they can ask questions about the permits directly to the municipality, the designers and the initiators of the project.
In the meantime, we remain active through our partnerships and via the Hartwig Art Production | Collection Fund.
Projects & Partnerships:
- The Centraal Museum will present from April 2022 solo exhibitions by renowned Dutch artists in Landhuis Oud Amelisweerd with the support of the Hartwig Art Foundation.
- Wu Tsang: MOBY DICK; or, The Whale by artist Wu Tsang, a silent film screened with live chamber orchestra will premiere in March 2022 at the Schauspielhaus Zurich. MOBY DICK; or, The Whale is produced by Schauspielhaus Zurich in collaboration with Zürcher Kammerorchester (ZKO). The Hartwig Art Foundation is co-commissioning this work with de Singel, Luma Foundation, TBA21-Academy, Superblue, The Shed and Whitney Museum of American Art. We are collaborating with the Holland Festival 2022 to bring the Dutch premiere of MOBY DICK; or, The Whale to Amsterdam.
- Tony Cokes: the exhibition by American video artist Tony Cokes in De Balie was unfortunately canceled at the end of 2021 due to covid restrictions. The artist and De Balie are currently looking for new dates for the exhibition in 2022.
- Anne Imhof: together with the Stedelijk Museum Amsterdam we will be co-presenting Anne Imhof’s first solo show in the Netherlands. Update Mar. 2022: The exhibition took its beginnings at the Garage Museum of Contemporary Art in Moscow, where it was set to open in March of 2022. In the light of the ongoing war in Ukraine, the team of Garage has decided to put their exhibition programme on hold until the human and political tragedy has ceased.
Hartwig Art Production | Collection Fund:
- Special Project 2020/21: 15 artists (among this number, one artist collective of 7 members) have developed new works through the project. The final exhibition by artist Anna Dasović will open at Stroom Den Haag in the summer of 2022. The works of the participating artists have been (or are in the process of being) purchased and donated to the ‘Rijkscollectie’. More details about the project here.